Know Before You Go & Park Policies
- We expect all guests to behave in a family-friendly manner. Line jumping, profanity and unruly behavior are not tolerated and may be cause for ejection from the Kemah Boardwalk without refund.
- Kemah Boardwalk reserves the right to refuse admission or ask anyone to leave who is not in compliance with these rules. Appropriate family friendly attire is appreciated!
- Shirts, shorts/pants and shoes must be worn at all times.
- Pants must be pulled up fully to the waist, with no exposure of undergarments.
- Clothing with explicit language is not allowed.
- Shoes with wheels (Heelys) are not allowed.
- Food and Beverage Policy
- The Kemah Boardwalk has multiple restaurants and several concession stands available. They are conveniently located up and down the Boardwalk. No off-premise food and/or drinks are allowed on the Boardwalk. Food and Beverage related items are not permitted:
You may not leave Kemah Boardwalk with alcohol that was purchased at Kemah Boardwalk. Excessive consumption of alcohol is cause for ejection without refund.
Please do not feed the seagulls.
- Bottled water
- Glass containers
- Food (such as sandwiches, meals, snacks, etc.)
- Off-premise alcohol
- No tailgating or picnics allowed
- Prohibited Items
- In addition to the restrictions mentioned under our Food and Beverage Policy, the following items are not permitted:
Kemah Boardwalk is not responsible for items that are stolen or left unattended.
All bags, backpacks and packages are subject to inspection if deemed necessary.
- Markers, spray paint and aerosol cans.
- Spiked clothing or jewelry
- Fireworks and explosives
- Unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon
- Chemical weapons including mace or pepper spray
- Bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades and surf boards
- Pets are not permitted, with the exception of service animals
- We have several parking lots on site. Cash or Credit lots available. We are not responsible for fire, theft, damage, or loss of vehicle including articles left within.
Parking prices vary and change without notice.
- Shuttle Boat parking lots are ALWAYS FREE. Exit Hwy 146 turning on 6th Street at the stop light, turn right. Once on 6th Street make a quick left on Texas Ave - you'll see the Shuttle Boat parking lots just down the road.
- Please note that Shuttle Boats do not operate year round.
- Spring Break - all on-site parking is paid.
- Weekend parking is paid year-round.
- Closest lots to the Boardwalk and the parking garage - $8
- Do NOT leave ticket in vehicle.
- Only occupy ONE space. Vehicles parked inappropriately are subject to being towed at owner’s expense.
- Pricing subject to change/seasonal.
- Please leave items secure within your vehicle
- No tailgaiting, grilling or picnics.
- Vehicles may not be left overnight.
- Bus, tractor trailer & RV parking is not allowed in premium lot.
- Unauthorized or abandoned vehicles will be towed at owner’s expense.
- Weekends, holidays and special events are the busiest times to visit, please account for traffic!
- No refunds for parking.
- No re-entry on parking.
- Wheelchair access is provided at all attractions. Wheelchair rentals are not available.
Guests may bring strollers on-site. For safety reasons, all strollers must be parked outside of attractions and not taken into ride lines.
Kemah Boardwalk is not responsible for strollers or their contents left unattended. We do not have a station to park strollers.
- ATM and Credit Cards
- US Bank ATMs are located in front of Saltgrass Steak House and Lighthouse Buffet. MasterCard, Visa, American Express,
Discover and JCB are accepted at all ticket booths, restaurants and gift shops with proper identification.
- Smoking is not allowed in any of the indoor facilities, smoking only permitted in the outdoor areas. Smoking is
not allowed in ride or food queue lines, and not allowed when seated in a ride. Please properly dispose of cigarette butts
in smoking urns.
- Fishing is not permitted off any area of the Kemah Boardwalk.
- No Littering
- Trash receptacles are conveniently located throughout the property and trash must be disposed of in these containers.
- Unaccompanied Minors
- Except when participating in an event intended for young guests such as our birthday parties and educational programs,
there must be at least one adult chaperone (over the age of 18) for every 5 to 10 children.
- Rider Responsibility
- Line jumping is not permitted. To enter a ride queue line guests must have a ticket for that particular ride or be wearing an
All Day Ride wristband (or accompanying a child). Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass others in line or exit and
return to the same place in line for any reason.
We expect riders to act in a responsible manner when participating in
amusement rides. Oral and written warnings are provided for your safety and must be followed. Guests who do not comply with ride
rules may be ejected without refund. For your convenience, ride rules and guidelines are posted at the entrance to every ride.
Transferring wristbands is a violation of Kemah Boardwalk policy and is strictly prohibited.
- Ride Restrictions
- Guests of certain heights and/or weights may not be able to enjoy some rides if the safety restraints will not function
properly. Specific ride information is available at the individual ride. Height check is available at each ride and at ticket booth.
Guests with disabilities will need to speak with a Ride Attendant before riding.
- Loose Articles
- Loose Articles are not permitted on most rides and should be left with a non-rider. Loose articles of any kind (including but
not limited to IPods, purses, backpacks, and beverage containers) may not be taken past the queue entrance and cannot be left on the
load/unload platform. Cell phones, IPods, cameras, or other small items must be secured in cargo pockets, zippered jacket pockets, or waist
packs. Kemah Boardwalk is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Inclement Weather
- Rides are subject to closure due to inclement weather, including high winds and lightning. Refunds and rain checks will not be
issued due to inclement weather.
- Restricted Areas
- Guests may not enter restricted areas. Personal items that are lost in ride areas should be reported to the ride operator and the Information Center/Guest Relations. Guests who enter restricted areas may be ejected from Kemah Boardwalk without refund.
- Lost and Found
- Visit the Boardwalk Inn Hotel front desk to report lost and found items. Please fill out a lost item report. The Kemah
Boardwalk is not responsible for lost, missing or stolen personal property. If you have recently visited the Kemah Boardwalk and lost an item
please call 281-334-9880. To help us find and return your item, please include the following information:
Due to high volume, lost item reports are only kept active for 30 days. A team member will contact you only if your item has been located.
- Description of item - please be specific in regards to color, brand and any unique features
- If you lost a cell phone please provide serial number, make, model and service provider.
- Your contact information – phone number and address
- Please tell us if you completed a lost item report before you left the park.
- Commercial Photography
- By entering Kemah Boardwalk, guests grant the Kemah Boardwalk the right to film or photograph him/her on property, without payment or
- Filming on rides is prohibited (including Go-Pros).
- All photographs or videos taken by Kemah Boardwalk guests may only be used for their personal use and enjoyment and for no
- All Kemah Boardwalk rides, shows, and attractions are protected by copyright. Guests must have written permission to use
photographs and/or video of the Kemah Boardwalk images for commercial broadcasting, advertising, marketing, or publishing in any medium.
- Filming with drones on the Boardwalk property must be approved by the Corporate office in advance. Email
- Media may contact DPW Public Relations at 713-224-9115.
- Guest Services and Information
- There are always team members, management and security on-site to assist you with your needs.
- Park Policy Compliance
- In addition to the Kemah Boardwalk Guest Code of Conduct, guests are required to comply with all local, state and federal laws,
as well as individual park policies, rules and instructions posted or otherwise listed. This is inclusive of the Federal Rider Responsibility